Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Great To Be Eight


Today Grace is 8 years old. Eight years of having this lovely lady in our lives.

The boys did a great job trying to make Grace feel special on her birthday. While Grace and I were running errands this morning the boys hopped on their bicycles and biked to the store to buy her presents with their own money. They picked out such thoughtful gifts. A journal, colored pens, and her favorite candies. Grace was so surprised when they each lined up and handed her their gifts. It melted this mama's heart. And it didn't stop there.


Grace got a new bike for her birthday since she had outgrown her current bike and the boys took her on a bike ride to try out her new present.
They were so excited she finally had a bike that could keep up with their bikes. And keep up she did. Keep up is her middle name.
I tell ya, having three older brothers is gonna make this girl one tough chick. Round trip I think we biked about 4 miles.
I think it was a good birthday.

Yes, today is Grace's 8th birthday. I can hardly believe it. It feels like just yesterday I was trying to get her to sit still so I could get a good 1st birthday picture. 

This young lady is spunky and tough, and goofy and smart, and silly and sweet, ad independent and kind. She is the perfect combination of tough and girlie, outdoorsy/adventurous and laid back/chill, of opinionated and understanding. She is my buddy, my snuggler, my kindred spirit. I could not be more proud of this lovely soul. I am so lucky to have her in my life. Of all the little girls in the whole world I got the best one.


Happy Birthday, my favorite girl. I am so proud to be your mama. I love you!




6 comments:

Bijoux said...

Happy birthday to a beautiful girl, inside and out!

Next year, it will be Fine to be Nine!

betty said...

Happy Birthday to Gracie! I can't believe she is eight! It seems like yesterday she was starting kindergarten. Such a beautiful young girl and like Bijoux said, inside and out!!! Looked like it was a very special day for her!

betty

Tabor said...

What a sweet tribute. My grands are growing so fast, just like your little ones. It is bittersweet.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to her! Where has the time gone? Flown by--8 years old already!

Kat said...

It has gone incredibly fast. ☹️

Kat said...

Definitely bittersweet.

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson