Monday, February 13, 2017

Big Ten, Big Ben

Last week my Benny Bear turned 10. Double digits. My baby boy.

It was such a busy day that we had to wake everyone up early so that Ben had a chance to open presents. After school it was homework, three different basketball practices, and then play rehearsal. There wasn't even time for a special birthday dinner or cake! What a crazy birthday!
However, being that it is his big 10, Ben knew he had a special party to look forward to. Ben was very happy and excited about his present on his birthday morning but he was even more excited for his birthday party at the local waterpark the following weekend. 

Ben has an extra large class (it is broken into two classes) and he decided to just invite a handful of friends. And no girls (except for his sister). It was a very nice group of kids and everyone had a great time. Especially Ben!

Ben was so excited to finally get his big 10 birthday party. Unfortunately, it all went by so quickly. He said it was the best birthday EVER and he was a little sad when it was all over.

Ten years of loving this kind, funny, compassionate, silly kid. My gentle Ben. Wise beyond his years. I'm so proud of this boy. Always trying so hard to be good, to do the right thing, to do his best. I'm so lucky to have him in my life. So lucky I get to be his mama.  What a gift.

Happy Birthday, my dear Benny Bear! I am so proud to be your mama.
I love you so very much!

4 comments:

betty said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Ben! What a fun way to celebrate it at the water park! Looked like it was fun!

betty

Bijoux said...

Double digits is a special birthday, indeed! Glad it was so happy! And I call my son by his name with an extra Y and a Bear at the end as well!

Kat said...

Bijoux- I add a y or ie to pretty much every name. I guess it's my sign of affection. 😉

Kat said...

Thank you! He had a blast!!!

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson