Thursday, June 30, 2016

Mobile

As you all know I frequently lament how quickly my children are growing. I will always miss my kids as babies and toddlers but there sure are benefits as the kids age. They are definitely easier to travel with now as opposed to when they were babies. Far less stuff has be dragged here and there. As my kids grow their humor has certainly kept me laughing. I can reason with them. They help me carry in the groceries. Heck, the benefits are endless! 

Today we discovered one more benefit. We are much more mobile now. This afternoon we went on our first family bike ride. Well, I suppose we've had them before but this was the first time that everyone rode his/her own two wheeler. No carriers, no carts, no training wheels. It was awesome!

We ended up riding to the cemetery to water my sister's and dad's flowers. The ride was a little over two miles round trip. We took it pretty easy as there were many hills and we didn't want to wear Gracie out on her first family bike ride. 
It was so much fun! I know we will be doing much more biking as a family in the future.

Yep, This having "older" kids thing is feeling pretty good.

5 comments:

betty said...

There definitely is advantages to older kids, I always liked when they would sleep through the night and were toilet trained myself. Now you just have to keep them at this age.

Betty

Bijoux said...

We never did this, as my middle one wasn't able to ride until age 21. I finally got a bike so I could join her. The hills are certainly more difficult than I remember!

Stephanie Faris said...

I love that you all got to ride your bikes together. What a fun family activity!

Anonymous said...

That is one of the best family activities. Ride on!

Hilary said...

I loved it when my sons were finally old enough to each take their own bikes along for a ride.. until they left me in their dust!

Hope you and your beautiful family are having a wonderful summer.

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson