Monday, July 27, 2015

Family Fun

Last week I was so excited at the prospect of finally getting to some hot, sunny weather. I had visions of swimming dancing through my head. The minute the weather got over 80 degrees I packed up the kids to go swimming at our favorite inland lake. 

Unfortunately, when we got there the weather took a bit of a turn. The sun decided to hide behind thick, ominous looking clouds for the rest of the day and the wind picked up to a good 25 mph creating some serious waves on the chilly water. 
Apparently, my kids were not deterred. They jumped in the water and played for hours while I sat wrapped in a blanket on the shore. Crazy kids. I did try to join them in the water for a little while but I couldn't get in over my knees. I needed hotter weather.
This weekend we got the hotter weather. It was 85 and sunny. Perfect! 
 I had so much fun playing tackle football with my boys and swimming around with Grace.
And! Todd was finally able to go with us. It isn't often that it is hot enough to go swimming on a weekend when we don't have any plans.
 The kids were in heaven as Todd tossed them into the air and chucked them around. It's good to have a human jungle gym.  I wonder how many more years Todd will be able to chuck these kids. They are getting bigger by the second.
The week is supposed to be more of the same. Hot, hot, hot! I'll take it! Hopefully we can work another swimming day (or two) in this week.  There is no better way to spend a hot summer day. I'm loving it!

8 comments:

Tabor said...

Nice. Very nice!

Blogoratti said...

Fun and delightful photos.

Bijoux said...

Summer is glorious......when it's hot!

betty said...

Looked like a lot of fun! I agree with you; its got to be hot outside before I want to venture into the water, kids though are so resilient, they just love the water no matter what temperature it is outside.

betty

Anonymous said...

LOVING the heat here, too!

nbrsspot.blogspot.com said...

Thats a perfect day. Beautiful children on a beautiful day. glad you enjoyed.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a fabulous second trip! The first one makes me shiver!

So glad you were all able to take a trip out to the lake and enjoy it! Now, if you could pass some of that cooler weather onto us, it would be much appreciated!

Riahli said...

Love this, such sweet pictures!

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson