Friday, June 6, 2014

Lil Graduate

Even though there are a few days of school left Grace's preK class had their graduation ceremony today.
Gracie's teachers did such an amazing job of making a big production of it. The kids sang 6 sweet and meaningful songs and had a beautiful slideshow of their year. And the treats afterwards were second to none. I know all the kids felt very special.
Gracie was so lucky to have the support of her three awesome big brothers. All three of them asked permission from their teachers to get out of class and watch Grace's graduation. I know that meant so much to Grace to have them there.
The whole morning was rather emotional for me. It is so easy for me to recall the boys' preschool graduations and my oldest will now be going into middle school. Yikes. Time flies by so quickly.
Congratulations, Grace! I'm so proud of you!

10 comments:

Bijoux said...

The last one is always the hardest! I still cry behind the kindergarten bus!

betty said...

How cute! The hat is almost as big as Grace! I love that her brothers wanted to be there with her for this occasion! Congrats Grace!

betty

Stephanie Faris said...

So cute! I have a feeling any boy who comes near your daughter as she gets older will have to go through her older brothers first.

Angie said...

Look how cute Miss Grace is. Sounds like her brothers love her to pieces. That is too sweet!

Mom24 said...

Congratulations! Bittersweet for sure.

Anonymous said...

Awww, congrats Grace!! Hunter has his Pre-K graduation on Friday and I'm sure I'll be a blubbering mess!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Stop. Seriously, kindergarten? That's just not possible! I'm sure you were totally emotional!

And, how sweet is it that the boys came?

Karen Deborah said...

wow times flies doesn't it?

Cyndy @ Back in the Bush said...

I can't believe I have watched her grow since you got pregnant with her!
She is so adorable!

Unknown said...

Aw, sweet Grace, growing so fast, I can't believe it. Where did our baby girls go? EEK!

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson