Friday, August 9, 2013

Going Broke

This month is gonna break me, people.  I'm seriously starting to get nervous.

This weekend I have a bridal shower to go to.  Grace's birthday is on Thursday.  Next weekend we have a wedding on Saturday and a graduation party (for Todd's nephew/godson) on Sunday.  The next weekend after that I have another bridal shower and the weekend after that another wedding.

Add in the fact that my van stopped working (that happened when we had the van all packed for our trip to Chicago and then we had to unpack everything and pack the truck because the van wouldn't work) so we have a nice bill for that on the way.  We also had all four kids go to the dentist and a nice $400 bill for that.  Let's not forget the expense of our fabulous Chicago vacation.  That has to be added in there.

Oh, and then there is the BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING FOR FOUR CHILDREN to do yet as well!

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

*deep breaths*

Must think happy thoughts...





















Whew. Okay. I feel a little better.

Laughter really is the best medicine.

Except now I kinda want another dog.





10 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Oh my, I am laughing so hard right now! Those dog pictures....too funny. I feel your pain about the going broke part too. Yikes, this is an expensive month!

Mom24 said...

Very funny!! Not another dog, too expensive. ;)

A friend gave me good advice, be still. It helps. and, laugh a lot.

Kat said...

Mom24- HA! My own advice right back at me. You clever woman, you. ;) Yes, Be STILL. How did I forget that. You are right.

And I was only mildly kidding about the dog. I know I could never get another dog as long as Molly is alive. She is the most jealous dog in the history of the world. I think she would toss herself off a cliff if we brought home another dog. And yes. They are expensive.

Bijoux said...

E cards always crack me up. I sympathize on the car. One of ours bit the dust this week, after we bought tires and brakes in May.

Anonymous said...

When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?
Hopefully you have hand-me-downs for the kids to start school, right? And they can wear shorts for at least the first month!

Unknown said...

You're too funny. That "Hey Girl" one is the best one I've seen yet! ;)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm glad you ended with those, because I'm dying here. Hilarious!

But, I feel you on the expenses that keep popping up. Oye!

Riahli said...

Bwahhahahaha! Oh man you have no idea how much I needed to laugh tonight! Thanks! :)

Cyndy @ Back in the Bush said...

OH MY GOSH, I love that last pic SO much! And all of your happy photos...they're awesome.
Read my post today and you might change your mind about wanting another dog! I almost did a dog shaming post but I was too ticked.

Hilary said...

These are an absolute hoot.

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson