Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday Suggestions Part 2

I am trying something new. Since I usually don't post on weekends I thought I would give you all some great reads written by other bloggers. Every Saturday I will pick three posts that stand out in my mind that I have read in the past week. They can be posts that make me laugh, cry, or just strike a chord with me. Please feel free to visit the links and leave comments.


And the three picks are...(drumroll)


MamaGeek with I Miss This
This woman is such a genius with a camera and she makes me laugh too.

Caffeine Court with The Reckless Worshipper
This post made me want to stand up and applaud. I wish I had the balls to do this.

Imbeingheldhostage with The 3 R's: Reading, Riting, and (Belated) Recognition
I know she was one of my picks last week but the freaking woman did it again! She makes me bawl!



I had a very tough time narrowing the picks down to just three this week. There were so many good posts! I hope you click over and visit these blogs, read 'em, and comment.
Thanks!


(P.S.- Does anyone know why my links have suddenly decided not to open in a seperate window?)

9 comments:

Brittany said...

Great picks, this week!

My links are doing it, too! Maybe it's a blogger setting?

Laski said...

Great picks, Kathryn. I went to them all!!! I enjoy having new blogs to visit, new people to meet.

Thank you! This is so very, very cool.

You need a cool title and a badge for this idea. I could see this spreading around like crazy (plus, I want to do it and I want to give you ALL the credit for coming up with such an awesome idea).

Bren said...

Once again, I love this idea!

And your choices are spot on! I happen to be a huge fan of Mama Geek myself!

Kat said...

Laskigal- I'd love to make a badge and set up a mister linky but I am SOOOOOO clueless. I can't make a badge to save my soul.
But feel free to play along! :)

Cynthia said...

Well, I will have to check 'em out:)

Stephanie said...

Creative idea and what a way to incorporate everyone! I already read MamaGeek so I'll have to check out the other 2.

I couldn't run this weekend because I left my tennis shoes at work but I'm bringing them home tonight...wish me luck!

Kat said...

Stephanie- Yay! Good for you! Good luck! :)

imbeingheldhostage said...

Wow, I thought you were kidding... thank you, I feel really honoured to make your list. really. Thanky you.

Oh, and yeah, those pictures.. her pictures are always fab, don't you think?

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I must say I'm so honored and humbled you even mentioned me. I love this linkage idea too - it's so hard to find the time to recommend others to others. This is great.

Thank you again Kat!!

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson