Monday, September 10, 2007

My first post

Yes, it is true. Inspired by some friends I have decided to join the masses and start my very own blog. Please bear with me while I try to get my site set up. I am not the most computer savvy person in the world so this is actually quite the feat for me. You should all by proud of me. A round of applause, please? I think I've got the hang of it but I am still trying to get my pictures to work. Mrrrfff. Not only that, but I only have a few minutes at a time before one of my little munchkins needs something and I have to stop. They are sleeping right now, but I think I already hear little Ben moving around. Double Mrrrfff.

So I know this is my first post, and I should probably be discussing more important topics, like Joey's 1st day of school or something like that, but I just want to know, who saw the Britney fiasco last night? I must admit that I usually don't watch the VMA's but I turned it on simply to see a big Britney Spears comeback performance. Now, I was never a huge Britney Spears fan (I don't have any of her CDs or anything), but I am always a sucker for a heartwarming comeback story, and I always root for the underdog. Which is why I found her performance last night so incredibly painful to watch. Ouch. Was she high? Why couldn't she move her arms? Why did she have to double plant her feet before doing each dance move? She looked like she was gonna fall down. It was just a train wreck. Blah.

On a positive note, Britney has inspired me to loose some weight. Did she look horrible? No. Could she have spared a bit? Yes. Which is exactly how I feel about myself. I could definitely look better. And now that I have announced it to everyone I guess I have to loose weight.

Ok. Ben is awake, and I'm sure the older two will soon follow. Once I figure out how this whole posting thing works, I'll clue everyone in on Joey's first day of school, and how poor little Tommy did without his playmate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh the days when kids take naps!
Your first post is looking good.
The Packer pix is so cute. They're
growing up so fast, can you imagine
the 1st day of all-day kindergarten
is not so far off. I need to be blogging too, but about jr high,
I can't believe the two page letters from the teachers regarding grades and policys...
and you have to sign them,
like a contract. Makes me a
bit nervous. I am worried if
my kids defaults, I'll have
detention too...... Uggghhhh

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson